Preliminary design – Concept plans
This stage includes:
- meeting with you to record a detailed design brief
- a search of Council records, District Plan rules, zoning
- site survey and assessment for access, sun,contours and outlook
- measurement of any existing buildings
- digital photographic record of existing features and buildings
Based on the above concept, floor plans and rendered elevations will be prepared. Further perspective drawings and/or a virtual CAD model can also be prepared if required to better demonstrate the concept, or if required for marketing purposes.
After the concept plans have been prepared and reviewed by you, developed drawings are prepared to show further details regarding the concept. These drawings would also include any required revisions to the concept plans. A Thermal analysis to optimise the buildings performance would also be done at this time.
Construction Drawings & Documentation for Building Consent
Once the developed design is accepted by you, then full architectural working drawings and specifications would be prepared ready for building consent, and for quoting by selected builders. This includes lodging the plans for consent on your behalf, and answering and BCA queries until such time as the consent is issued. We will also closely liaise with any other consultants required (eg: Structural Engineer).
We also offer the below services as required.
- Tendering of the project to selected builders, then tender analysis , preparation and letting of the construction contract
- Contract Administration. This includes checking and authorising the builders monthly progress payments, checking that work is being done according to plan, answer builder queries, issuing variation orders, issuing the practical Completion Certificate and generally acting as your representative regarding the contractural administration of the project.
Note: The builder is still expected to project manage all construction and sub trade work, with the BCA checking all work complies with the NZ Building Code and consented documents.
- Commercial Project Analysis & Feasibility studies , and Commercial Project Programming (using Microsoft Project)
We also arrange to integrate our services with allied Consultants as necessary. These may include:
- Land Surveyor
- Quantity Surveyor
- Structural Engineer
- Resource Consent planner
- Lighting Consultant
- Kitchen designer
- Interior designer
- Landscape designer
- Project Manager or Clerk of Works
These are to normal architectural practice rates and are usually negotiated after the initial consultation has established the scale and scope of the project. However, a useful reference regarding typical fees is to be found on the NZ Govt website www.consumerbuild.org.nz.